What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by a professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
Veneers can completely reshape your teeth and smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and the ideal solution in treating many dental conditions.
As with most dental restorations, veneers are not permanent and may someday need replacement. They are very durable and will last many years, giving you a beautiful long lasting smile.
Reasons for porcelain veneers:
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile.
- Crooked teeth.
- Misshapen teeth.
- Severely discolored or stained teeth.
- Teeth that are too small or large.
- Unwanted or uneven spaces.
- Worn or chipped teeth.
Dental Veneers Procedure
What does getting porcelain veneers involve?
Getting veneers usually requires two visits to complete the process, with little or no anesthesia required during the procedure. The teeth are prepared by lightly bufﬁng and shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer. A mold or impression of the teeth is taken and a shade (color) will then be chosen by you and the dentist.
On the second visit the teeth will be cleansed with special liquids to achieve a durable bond. Bonding cement is then placed between the tooth and veneer and a special light beam is used to harden and set the bond.
You will receive care instructions for veneers. Proper brushing, flossing and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new veneers.
- Dr Kim is great and I am VERY happy with my beautiful smile. I highly recommend Dr Kim for her professionalism...judy d.
- Dr. Kim and her team have been taking excellent care of my family and me for several years now and we are so happy we found her!Romy B.
- I have a new smile and am very satisfied with the results. Dr. Kim is our family dentist and I would recommend her highly.Jamie D.
- The crowns turned out beautifully and I am thrilled to finally be biting on my molars after years of no contact. I HIGHLY recommend her.Wendy W.
- She is smart, caring, and really takes her time to think through a complicated problem. For years I had been biting...Wendy W.